Saturday, December 18, 2010

Frozen Belg

Welcome to my blog.  I've got some brief catching up to do.  Last week was a great close to the domestic season. for me  I finally got the win in the DII Collegiate race at nationals.  WWU also won the team title!
After a couple days at home I flew to Belgium, where I will spend the next two weeks participating in EuroCrossCamp VIII.  I arrived to snow in Belgium for the second year in row.  It doesn't snow very often here and when it does things don't operate so smoothly.  Similar to Seattle/Bellingham.  Regardless I've been riding outside each day, because riding the trainer is no fun, and riding on snow and ice can be.  Otherwise there hasn't been too much excitement around the house yet, so I'll share a few pictures.
 I think this is the ride of a Benelux Region hipster.  Spotted outside of the coffee shop in Izegem.
This is what most of my training has looked like the last three days.  It's been a good challenge, but I won't be complaining when it finally thaws out sometime next week.  Tomorrow is the Kalmthout World Cup.  It was a super fun race last year so I'm looking forward to it.  Hopefully I'll have a more exciting update soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting pictures and thoughts. Thanks for sharing! Good luck from the Monroes!