Friday, August 24, 2012

The End of the Beginning

After nearly seven weeks in Europe I'm finally headed home.  I wasn't selected for the Tour de L'Avenir that starts on Sunday, so I'll be back in Seattle instead.  I suppose it's a little bit of a bummer to not be doing the race, but I'm ready to be home.  I've accomplished more during this past Summer than I ever imagined was possible.  I'd already reached a point of satisfaction way back in June with my podium placing in the Nationals road race.  Being invited to race in Europe was a dream come true.  Winning the Tour de Delta was absolutely incredible. 

I've been thinking a lot especially over the past two weeks about all of the success I've had this summer.  As a good friend and supporter wrote to me, "You're living the dream with your eyes wide open."  I really have been living my dreams over the past several months and I'll remember these times forever.  But what happens after you live those dreams?  Life isn't suddenly complete, but I'd never really thought much beyond the dreams which I was reaching for.  This obviously isn't the end though; it's only the beginning.  Over the past couple of weeks I've been able to create new dreams.  On to the next one.

Thanks for following along here over the past two months.  I'm likely to be done blogging for a while.  I've got a little bit of road racing left back in the US.  Next up will be a miniature (in more ways than one) cyclocross season.  Stay tuned HERE for more regular updates if you are so inclined.

I got a jump start on that 'cross season for my last ride in Switzerland.

No comments: