Thursday, June 16, 2011

NEWSFLASH: I'm terrible at blogging, but let's catch up...

OK, so obviousely I'm terrible at blogging.  Mostly I'm going to blame school, which I'm also terrible at, for my blogging demise.  But now it is summertime and I'm traveling to bike races.  So no excuses right?  I'm not going to promise anything, but hopefully I will be updating a bit more regularly.  Anyways let's see if I can put the past 2 months and 4 days since my last post into one entry:

I did some collegiate racing and the Tour of Walla Walla in April.  All that was cool, Walla Walla went well.  Normally I'm feeling pretty slow still at this point in the year, but things have been going well this season.  I won the collegiate conference criterium the day after my teammate, Ian Crane, won the conference road race.
Next up was the WA State Championship road race.  Long story short I was in a breakaway with a Canadian who turned out to be really strong.  He won the race and I got 2nd.  But since he was Canadian I got the State Championship title.  Winning actual bike races is way cooler though.

Then I went to Collegiate Road Nationals with my WWU homies.  The road race was a hard one.  I was doing real good going in some breakaways and what not, then I got tired and finished 8th.  We pedaled to 2nd in the TTT which is one of the more awesome events that a team can do.  You know, just through-and-off with your bros. The crit was fun too.  First I was the breakaway by myself for a long time.  Then at the end there was a breakaway that I was not in, and Ian wasn't in it either.  Ian wanted to do some sprinting.  So I rode the front from 6 laps to go until 2 laps to go.  Then there was no more breakaway.  Ian got 2nd in the sprint and we were happy with another medal for the team.  This photo sums up the collegiate nationals experience for most participants.
So then I did some training and some resting.  Then I won the Ballard Crit while most of my teammates were racing the the Mt. Hood Cycling Classic.   I was super stoked to win one of Seattle's coolest races. Apparently I'm a "sprinter", but let's not get ahead of ourselves.  I'm glad to be back racing with Ian and helping to position him for some real sprinting. Good to know that I can get it done when it needs to get done though. Thanks to Wheelsinfocus for the photo.
Now I'm in Milwaukee, WI to race the first half of the Tour of America's Dairyland.  It is a series of mostly crits which should provide good racing and some good prep for next week's nationals in Georgia.  So now that all I have to is race a 60-90min crit each day there should be plenty of time for blogging right?

No comments: