Saturday, June 18, 2011

Pool Sharks

With only 90 minutes of racing each day you might wonder how we fill the rest of our day?  Even though we spend copious amount of time drinking coffee, napping, doing nothing, riding easily in the mornings, playing with our host dog, and then there is still some time to be filled.  Thankfully our host house has a pool table.  So we are "learning" a new sport.  I'll provide some examples below.
 Ian lining up a long shot - note a long shot for us is about to cross slightly more than half of the table.
 This might look like the same shot from the previous picture.  But I think this is just another attempt of the same shot two turns later.
 Here is a full view of the table after about a dozen turns each.  I'm no billiards expert, but I think the table should normally be looking a little cleaner at this point.
I thought that my Castelli Aero Race Gloves might give me that extra bit of cue stick security that I was lacking.  I'm pleased to announce that as of this posting I've won 5 games to Ian's 4 games.  I have no shame in admitting the 4 of my 5 victories have come as a results of Ian's trouble keeping the 8-ball on the table until the appropriate time.

In other news...  The mailbox that was recently destroyed has been replaced.
Oh, and bike racing, right...  Well the first day of ToAD went well for us. We were all pretty active and took a few primes.  Then we also placed Logan into the top 15 and into the best Cat 2 rider's jersey.   I rolled it in after attacking for a prime in the closing laps.  Day 2 was a little less fruitful, but not all bad.  Logan kept a hold of his green spotted cow jersey.  There was a crash with 4 laps to that sent Ian riding well into front yard of a house lining the course and bent my derailleur hanger real far.  So I took the last few laps of the race to get that straightened out in the pit and got to watch the finish.  The cool thing about these races is that there is another one the next day.

Here is a highlight real from our antics on the billiards table.  Sorry about the soundtrack, we are working with limited resources.  Actually, our host house has speakers everywhere that are hooked up to said host's iPod with 21,000 songs! And yes, I know you were wondering.  The pool table here at the house is a very nice one; with the ability for the felt to change between red and green.

No comments: